Open DateMar 3, 2019 12:05 AMGraded?YesPoints Possible150.0Resubmissions Allowed?NoAttachments checked for originality?Yes
Week 5 Brain Structures and Functions
150 Possible Points
For this assignment, you are tasked with completing a 6-8-page paper that addresses the major structures of the brain and the influence these have on cognition and learning. By completing this assignment, you will demonstrate (a) an understanding of the major brain structures, (b) fluency in the processes that occur within the brain, leading to the learning of specific behaviors, and (c) the connections of the relationships required between major brain structures and cognitive functions to facilitate the learning process.
In completing the assignment, include the following, ensuring details are provided to fully elucidate the concepts presented:
- Select 2-3 learning experiences, describing, in detail, how each experience generally occurs.
- Examples of learning experiences one might consider are learning to ride a bike, learning a new language, learning to bake a cake, to name a few.
- In describing each learning experience, identify at least 4 specific brain structures or functions that contribute to or impede the selected learning processes.
- For each identified function or structure, describe and define the structure of the brain and purpose, with detail.
- Include a diagram, a process model, or provide another visual representation of the brain structures and functions depicting accurate examples of the structural changes that might occur or steps in the process of the learning tasks selected.
- As a major purpose of the work is to demonstrate an understanding of the brain structures related to learning processes, close your work with a succinct summary of the major aspects of the topic from the learning experiences you selected.
- Share your conclusions as a result of completing this project; how is the knowledge you have gained useful to the field of cognitive psychology, the larger field of psychology, and society overall?