Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012) and/or American Psychological Association (2010). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my discussion rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 07/31/19 at 7pm.
Discussion – Week 10
Career Counseling with Clients Who Have Mental or Substance-Related Disorders
Professionals working in mental health or private practice settings often need to provide career-related counseling similar to that which takes place in other settings. Yet, individuals with mental health problems or substance-related concerns face unique challenges, requiring the professional to consciously balance treatment so as to appropriately address both mental health and vocational needs.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources.
· Reflect on the interplay between career issues and mental health or personal issues (e.g., the career-related challenges that individuals with mental or substance-related disorders may encounter, how career issues may affect personal issues, etc.).
· Consider the similarities and differences between clients who have an identified mental health or substance-related concern and those who may be seeking vocational counseling without recognizing that there also may be a mental health or substance-related concern (compare information in Chapter 14 and Chapter 18)
· Reflect on the role of the professional working in a mental health, private practice setting, or other setting for providing appropriate treatment that addresses clients’ mental health and substance-related concerns as well as their career needs.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 three or more examples of multiple needs that clients may have with regard to mental health or substance-related issues/concerns and career development and explain the interplay between the two. Then describe some of the specific challenges that you as a counselor may encounter in working with such clients and explain how you might address them.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
· Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012). Career counseling: Foundations, perspectives, and applications. (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- Chapter 14, “Career Counseling in Mental Health and Private Practice Settings”
- Chapter 18, “Career Counseling and Lifestyle Planning for Clients with Addictive Behaviors”
· National Career Development Association. (2015). Internet sites for career planning. Retrieved from www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sp/resources