THE GROUP TOPIC WILL BE CHILDREN OF DIVORCE
Throughout this course, you will be designing a Counseling Group from start to finish. The assignment will be broken into four parts, which are due at different intervals in the course. For the three-part assignment, choose from the following group types (If you are in the addiction counseling program, select an addiction group):
- Children of divorce
- Children of addicts
- Adult Survivors of abuse (could be sexual or physical)
- Treatment for adults who are addicts
- Grief recovery
- Teens struggling with gender dysphoria (sexual identity)
- Teen support group (parents who are addicts)
- Relationship building (homosexual and heterosexual – there does not have to be a division because a group is a group)
- Domestic violence group for nonoffenders
- Parenting group
Identify what type of group you will design by selecting one of the group types listed above.
Write a 300-600-word summary of your selected group.
Be sure to include the following in your summary:
- Group type
- Why you chose this type of group
- Population serving
- Number of sessions
- Number of participants
- Goals of the counseling group
- A minimum of two scholarly references, not including the course textbook
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.