Please make sure that you carefully address each question including details to support your answers. Each answer should connect back to information from the book or discussion videos. Please use detail from the class to answer each question. The strongest answers will have specific detail regarding topics from the book and lectures.
You will use the 2 case studies from Harvard Business Publishing to complete the paper. Please note that there are strict copyright rules for the use of this case.
Please address each question separately. Label the question with the number below, and organize your document by question.
Questions for “The Team that Wasn’t”
- How effective has this team been?
- What norms have emerged?
- What is the culture of the group? How would you evaluate their interpersonal processes using concepts from the book?
- What leadership theories apply either as leadership you see as present or leadership concepts that are not present, but you feel would be useful?
Questions for “Can you fix a toxic culture”
- Create a fishbone diagram to analyze possible root causes of problems in the organization. Include an actual diagram.
- What is the culture of the organization? What type of work attitudes are relevant to this case?
- What leadership elements (or lack of) and theories do you see operating in this case?
- What plan of action would you create in this scenario?
- What ethical issues are raised by this case?
- What elements of psychological contracts may exist for employees in this case?
This is your culminating project in place of a final exam. All work should be completed independently, without consulting other students, faculty, or others. The work must be your own, do not copy material from the internet. More thorough answers will receive more points.