For this assignment, identify an issue in adolescent psychology that your imagined work environment (in education, a nonprofit, or the government) would address. This issue will be the focus of your course project. Examples of appropriate topics include but are not limited to:
- Media use in adolescents: The impact on social development.
- Teen pregnancy: The role of adolescence risk taking.
- Adolescent marijuana use: The impact on the developing brain.
Write a 1–2-page proposal for your topic that draws on current, peer-reviewed research as the foundation for your approach to this topic. Your proposal must address the following:
- Justify the chosen topic in the area of adolescent development. You must make the case to stakeholders for why this is a problem or concern for adolescents.
- Describe aspects of adolescent development in relation to your topic. Your proposal should focus on how this issue impacts adolescent development.
- Explain what the organization might accomplish as a result of your review of the literature and subsequent recommendations. Your proposal should describe what direction the organization should take (based on evidence-based practices) to support resolution of the issue.
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following additional requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Length of paper: 1–2 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.