Add and finish developing a previous assignment
Philosophy of Exceptional Learning and Inclusion
In Week Two of class you began to develop your Philosophy of Exceptional Learning and Inclusion. For your summative assignment you will build on the philosophy you started in your Week Two assignment to further develop and finalize your philosophy of exceptional learning and inclusion. Your philosophy should be grounded in research and include an in-depth rationale to support your beliefs about how to create inclusive environments that support all exceptional learners. It is important to note that as you continue to evolve professionally so will your philosophy on exceptional learning and inclusion. While this will be your final version of your philosophy for this course, hopefully you will continue to revise and reflect on it throughout your career. You will also continue to build your ePortfolio by adding a new page with your philosophy of inclusion.
To prepare for this assignment,
- Please refer to the Week Five Guidance for further tips and examples that will support your success on this assignment.
- If you did not begin the development of your ePortfolio in a previous course, please read Setting Up Your ePortfolio.
- Review the feedback you received from your instructor on your Week Two Assignment: Beginning Your Philosophy of Exceptional Learning and Inclusion.
- Review the ECD 310 Summative Assignment Template and the Sample Philosophy of Exceptional Learning and Inclusion.
Remember, you are building on the philosophy you began creating in Week Two. Therefore, you will revise and add new pieces to your philosophy as is noted in the directions below.
In your 8- to 10-page Philosophy of Exceptional Learning and Inclusion paper,
- Revise your explanation of your intended career path using the feedback you received from your instructor, in addition to any new learning.
- Revise your description of the professional dispositions you possess that influence your beliefs about how children grow, learn, and develop using the feedback you received from your instructor, in addition to any new learning.
- Revise your discussion of your views on where we are as a nation with creating inclusive environments that meet the needs of exceptional learners using the feedback you received from your instructor, in addition to any new learning. .
- Revise your definition of inclusion using the feedback you received from your instructor, in addition to any new learning.
- Revise your summary of the role you feel collaboration with families and other educational professionals should play when supporting exceptional learners in inclusive environments using the feedback you received from your instructor, in addition to any new learning. .
- New ~ Synthesize how you will use evidence-based strategies, including Universal Design for Learning, to support the needs of exceptional learners in inclusive environments. Refer back to your Week Three discussions, Evidence-Based Strategies and Universal Design for Learning, for support.
- New ~ Explain, using specific examples, how you will support children or adults with specific delays, disorders, or disabilities (SLD, SLD, ADHD, BD, ED, etc.) in your future line of work. Refer back to your Week Four discussions: Supporting Children with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) and Speech and Language Impairments and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Emotional Disturbance (ED), and Behavioral Disorders (BD).
- New ~ Describe how you will uphold professional and ethical standards when supporting children or adults with exceptionalities and their families. Refer back to your Week Five discussion, Ethical Dilemmas, for support.
- New ~ Examine your role in exceptional learning and inclusion and how you can be a leader in developing inclusive settings. Refer back to your Week Four Reflection in Action journal and Week Five discussion, Ethical Dilemmas, for support.
- Include the following based on your Program of Study:Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education Administration
Explain what you would be looking for in a potential employee’s philosophy of exceptional learning and inclusion
Assignment Submission Requirements:
- This assignment will be submitted to Waypoint, as well as added to your ePortfolio. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
For this assignment, you must submit
- A link to your electronic portfolio in Portfolium. To do this you will copy and paste the web address into the comments feature in Waypoint.
- A Word document including your completed assignment, as well as the link to your ePortfolio.
- Click on the Assignment Submission button. The Waypoint “Student Dashboard” will appear.
- Browse for your assignment.
- Click Upload.
- Confirm that your assignment was successfully submitted by viewing the appropriate week’s assignment tab in Waypoint, or clicking on Check Assignment Status within the Meet Your Instructor unit in the left navigation panel.
The Philosophy of Exceptional Learning and Inclusion
- Must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly resources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- The BA ECDDI Research Guide is a resource that has been developed to assist you in completing the library research required for this assignment. Click on the button titled ECD 310 from the homepage of the research guide to gain access to additional resources that can support you with the development of your assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). You might find the Writing an Essay (Links to an external site.) tutorial helpful as you are crafting your assignment.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Refer to the APA References List (Links to an external site.) for further assistance.