Critical Writing Asisignment 4
- Please proof read your document before you upload as only 1 submission is allowed.
- Please only submit docx. (Word) documents as other formats cannot be checked in Safe Assign. If they cannot be checked they will not be graded and will earn Zero points.
- To submit your work –First answer in a word document. When completed, proof read, and save your document. To upload scroll to where it asks you to attach file – browse your computer and upload your document. Don’t forget to click submit. You’ll do this for each of the 4 written assignments required.
- Assignment 4 is Due 3/4
- Each assignment is worth 25 points. 1000 words is ~4 pages in length.
- Follow basic APA formatting i.e. 12pt font (Times or Arial), double spaced, 1 inch margins. You do not need a cover page but you must cite references in APA style.
- Be clear, and concise, but thorough in order to expect full points.
- Use three (3) peer reviewed journal articles to support your arguments/claims. The book can be used as an extra resource (the book also provides several resources to look up).
I would like you to read the first article, the Texas Tribune excerpts from late 2018, and legislative link. Then respond accordingly.
But before you do, make sure you look at the other articles first — they’re not long. There are lots of frequently asked questions and legal/factual answers. Use these to hep you formulate your answers but do not copy their responses. Also look at the map included – it shows the nation’s position on recognizing sexual and gender identity overall. It should raise questions in your own mind.
Think about the topics of gender development and sexuality as your book describes – but then think about the concept of gender identity development and apply some of those ideas here.
BEFORE you answer the following questions I want you to remember that being transgender is not a new phenomenon, you probably didn’t even pay attention to it before it became so “newsworthy”and consider how Europe and other nations manage some of these social factors.
- How does this first article relate to gender identity development?
- Do you think this is a controversial issue or does media hype things up? (unnecessarily ( or necessary). Please explain and support and or refute your claims with information outside of what I have supplied.
Note: You may not find peer reviewed work specific to this topic but you will on sexual and gender identity development. Make sure you include it appropriately.
I don’t care what you think personally — just make sure you argue/discuss this professionally as this is something you will probably come across in your careers. You may need to step outside your comfort zone to think this through.