Causes of Depression Issue Analysis
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of psychology.
- Provide the APA citations for two scholarly articles that support a position on the causes of depression.
- Competency 2: Apply psychological principles to topics in psychology.
- Identify the arguments each author uses to support his or her point of view and the quality of the evidence used to support the arguments.
- Competency 3: Analyze scholarly information and research findings through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of psychology.
- Describe the authors’ points of view and purpose in writing each article.
- Identify multiple assumptions that the authors make.
- Describe each author’s conclusions in the article and the implications of those conclusions.
- Competency 4: Apply ethical principles and standards to topics in psychology.
- Explain the ethical implications of the research and findings.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Write in a manner that is scholarly in tone, easy to follow, and free from grammatical and spelling errors.
For this assignment, you will analyze two scholarly research articles concerning the causes of depression. To help you with your position and arguments for the Unit 5 debate discussion and Unit 6 paper on the causes of depression, select two articles that relate to the side you will take in the debate.
The worksheet is similar to the article analysis you completed in Unit 2. In addition to the elements of purpose, point of view, assumptions, arguments, and evidence, for this worksheet, you will provide APA references and consider the inferences, conclusions, and implications of the findings from the research.
You may select one article from the debate resources in this unit’s studies. You will choose the second article from the Capella library. If you do not find an article that you would like to use in the debate resources list, you may choose two from the Capella library:
- After selecting and reading your articles, complete the Causes of Depression Issue Analysis Worksheet.
- Submit a draft of your worksheet to SafeAssign and revise your work as needed.
- Finally, submit your worksheet to your instructor for grading.