Select a grade 1-5 and an Arizona Mathematics Standards standard related to mastery of basic facts or Base-Ten Concepts.
Using the “COE Lesson Plan Template,” create a learning target and design an activity to teach that target, incorporating and engaging students in generating and evaluating new ideas and novel approaches to find inventive solutions to problems.
Include differentiation of the activity for students who perform below grade level, at grade level, and above grade level.
Describe the activity and the differentiation of the activity in the “Agenda” area of section I. Plan and complete the remainder of the section.
In addition, draft 10 questions you would ask during your lesson that incorporates the following:
- Promote conceptual understanding related to fractions for students who perform below grade level, at grade level, and above grade level.
- Identify potential student misconceptions that could interfere with learning.
- Create experiences to build accurate conceptual understanding.
- Activate prior knowledge.
- Connect concepts, procedures, and applications.
- Encourage exploration and problem solving.
List these questions in the “Teacher Notes” section of the “COE Lesson Plan Template.”
In addition, using the “Troubleshooting Table,” address five issues that might occur while delivering the lesson.
Submit the Section I. Planning section, your 10 questions in the “Teacher Notes,” and the “Troubleshooting Table” to your instructor as one deliverable.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.