Unit 4 DB
Within the Discussion Board area, write 600–800 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You are speaking on the phone with Mike when he asks about what sort of cultural aspects you are considering in this plan.
You think about this and say, “There may well be some considerable cultural differences that need addressing. I remember last year when there was a language mix-up with a doll. It was just saying ‘I love you’ in a different language, but it sounded like ‘kill mommy.’ It’s funny now, but imagine being the marketing team in that building!” Both of you laugh as you hang up the phone, but the memory does get you thinking seriously about cultural differences. Complete the following:
- What cultural considerations should you take into account for your strategy?
- Will this negatively impact your current strategy?
- Does this change your approach? Why or why not?
Unit 4 IP
You, Mike, and Tiffany meet in a conference room to begin to assemble your final presentation.
This presentation will be the project deliverable, so you want to make sure you have provided all of the requirements.
Mike begins, “I think we’ve done some pretty good analysis on our strategy. We just have to put the pieces together before the final presentation.”
“We do have some solid information, but we have to look at all the parts to see if we can remain competitive,” Tiffany adds.
Complete the following: (2-3 pages)
- A balanced scorecard is used to align the business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor organization performance against strategic goals. Based on your analysis of the company’s four perspectives in IP3, develop a complete balanced scorecard that helps put the pieces together for your final presentation. Once completed, answer the following questions.
- What are the considerations that you need to be aware of to remain competitive?
- Based on the research and analysis that you have done, can you compete in the market that you have chosen? Why or why not?
- What primary factors led you to this decision?
- What would you say to someone who would dispute your position?
- How do you plan on evaluating the global marketplace in the future?