Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012) and/or American Psychological Association (2010). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my discussion rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 07/06/19 at 7pm.
Assignment – Week 6
Top of Form
Application: Career Development Plan
In this Application assignment, you will demonstrate strategies for facilitating client skill development for career, educational, and life-work planning and management.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review Chapter 8 of the course text, focusing on career development planning.
- Review Figler and Bolles’ list of 12 key skills of the career counseling (p. 239-240).
- Review the case study of Darren (Niles, Goodman, & Pope, 2002).
- Think about how you would complete this vocational/career development plan.
- Consider other steps you might take or things you might add to a vocational/career development plan for Darren.
The assignment: (1-2 pages)
- Using the Hill and O’Brien (1999) Helping Skills Model Model (embedded in the course resource “Darren – The Case of the Unemployed Runaway”) describe the strategies/interventions that you would employ to support a client’s life work plan.
- Develop a client to use for this Application Assignment. Consider using the client you developed for the Week 3 Application Assignment; do NOT use “Darren” from the resources
- Briefly describe your client’s presenting problem.
- What activities would you engage in for Stage One? (Exploration, pp. 231–232). What techniques would you use to develop rapport, express empathy, and encourage your client to “tell his story?”
- For the second stage, Insight (p. 232). What areas would you focus on to gain deeper meaning and understanding of your client’s situation? How would you identify his strengths and weaknesses? What interpretations would you offer your client?
- During the action stage (p. 232), what plans would you develop, how would you evaluate them, and what follow-up activity would you do with your client?
- Include anything else that you would like to add to further develop the plan.
Bottom of Form
· Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012). Career counseling: Foundations, perspectives, and applications. (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- Chapter 8 “Designing Career Development Plans With Clients’”
- Chapter 9, “Establishing a Thriving Career Development Program”
- Article: Niles, S. G., Goodman, J., & Pope, M. (2001). The career counseling casebook: A resource for students, practitioners, and counselor educators (pp. 231–235). Broken Arrow, OK: National Career Development Association. Used by permission of The National Career Development Association.
- Video: Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2007). Vocational psychology and counseling: Career development planning. Baltimore: Author.
- with Dr. Darrell Luzzo
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 21 minutes.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio
· National Career Development Association. (2015). Internet sites for career planning. Retrieved from www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sp/resources