Week 5 Perception of Pleasure and Pain Presentation
Resource: “Sensation and Perception – Is Pain Real,” located in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
Your team has been asked to create a lecture for a high school psychology class on the perception of pleasure and pain.
Create a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that includes the following:
- A diagram and description of the cutaneous system
- A diagram and description of the function of the somatosensory cortex
- An explanation of the role of the somatosensory cortex in the perception of pleasure and pain
- A description of how the cutaneous system can be damaged
- A description of how the damage to the cutaneous system can affect the quality of life
Include at least three to five peer-reviewed sources.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.