Objective: Explain theoretical concepts using behavioral examples drawn from popular films and the media.
Description: Each student will select a celebrity and discuss this individual’s significant life events and milestones as you see it relates to their personality development. Then, you will apply at least two of the personality theories discussed in the textbook. I will provide examples of theories below. Your presentation should be 10-12 slides pages in length (this does not include your title slide and reference slide. Be sure to include correctly formatted APA citations.
Your presentation should include the following:
- Clearly identify the theories you have selected.
- Discuss strengths/limitation of the theory.
- How does it apply to your selected individual?
- Images to support your points.
- Evaluation of cultural influences on personality development of your celebrity.
- A minimum of two (2) educational/peer reviewed sources from the library. These should be journal articles from psychology journals related to course topics.
- Speaker notes to add details to your slides.
Please select at least two (2) of the following theories in discussing your selected individual:
- Trait theory: Discuss the traits the celebrity possesses according to the different trait theories discussed in the text. (i.e Allport, Cattell, Eysenck, the Big Five, etc.)
- Psychodynamic Theory: Discuss any unconscious conflicts the celebrity might be experiencing, and whether they are fixated at any of the psychosexual stages. (i.e. Freud, Jung, Adler, Erickson, Horney, etc.)
- Cognitive-Behavioral: What thought patterns might the celebrity have learned? How do their thoughts, behaviors, and environment influence each other? (i.e. Skinner, Kelly, Mischel, Bandura, etc.)
- Humanistic Theories: What sort of self-image does this celebrity have? Is their ideal self similar to their actual self? (i.e. Rogers, Maslow, Buddhism, etc.)
Formatting Reminder: You are expected to format your presentation according to APA formatting guidelines. Please see the APA resources folder in our classroom for additional resources and tools for help in preparing your paper. Be sure to cite your sources accordingly, to avoid plagiarism in your formal written assignments.
Format for PRESENTATION must be in PowerPoint format. That means ONLY.ppt files .