Topic: Technology Integration Strategies for Content Area
Instruction (Math, Science, Social Studies, Music, Art, and Health
Sources: Pick 4 peer-reviewed journal articles (past ten years)related to topic provided.
-4 pages of content in length, APA 6th style, add citations when appropriate.
-List the points\arguments\ the author uses to support the thesis or make his main points as the articles relate to your topic.
-Evaluate the authors’ presentation in each article. In other words, how well did the author makes his/her point or supports the thesis of the your paper.
Tips to write a critical analysis:
- Criticize the facts or lack of facts, the organization, the tone, the author’s credibility.
- Who wrote the articles? What do you know about the authors?
- Are the articles straight news reporting, a commentary on some event or situation, an editorial? Is it just the facts or a discussion
of something that has happened?
- Do the authors appear objective? What kind of language does
the author use? Is it emotional?
- Are the facts correct, clear? Do they “seem” accurate. Is the
information complete? Does it appear that some important facts
- Do the writers appear to know the subject matter? As you read
the articles, do you “feel” that something is missing? Is it logical?
Does it present support for his/her argument?
- Is there a clear thesis? Is it adequately supported with facts and
data? Are inferences made?
- How is the material organized, for example:
A. Chronological order B. Comparison/contrast C. Definition