Student will need to research a minimum of 3 facilities in their communities (not including the University Counseling Center) that provide counseling/therapy services and complete a minimum of 4 page paper with the following information:
- Description of the facility and the population they serve (private practice,
- The kind of services they offer at this facility (describe each type of service or program they offer)
- What the protocol and price range for services at this facility and the kind of payments they accept (insurance, self-pay, etc.)
- The credentials of the staff who work there (license, degrees, certifications, etc.)
- Your reflection on the process of finding these facilities (Did you know they were there? How hard was it to find this agency? Would anyone in your life use this facility?)
The facilities should fit into one of the following categories:
Private Practice, Community Mental Health Agency, State Hospital, Private Hospitals, School Counseling Centers, Centers that specialize in substance abuse counseling, eating disorders, autism, severe and persistent mental illness.
This paper should be a minimum of 4 pages in length (not including cover or references, being even one sentence short of the minimum page requirement will result in zero credit), must be submitted as a Word or PDF document and double spaced.