Reflection on Professional Self
To prepare for this journal,
- Watch this video from Scott Desmond, Ted Talks speaker and founder of Live Your Legend career services.
- Reflect on the following before writing your journal submission.
- Scott cites that 80% of us don’t enjoy the work we are doing. Are you part of this 80%? What work are you currently doing and what are you hoping to pursue now that you are completing your education degree? Do your goals and interests align?
- Answer the following questions posed by Scott in the video:
- What are your unique strengths? How will you apply these to your future position? (1-2 paragraphs)
- What do you value most? Will your career match or support these values? How so? (1-2 paragraphs)
- What are experiences, both positive and negative, that have shaped your choice of career and will influence your work? (1-2 paragraphs)
- How will you define success? (1 paragraph)
The Interview Assignment:
- Must be 2-3 pages in length (not including title) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted