- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Design
For this discussion, compare and contrast the characteristics of quantitative and qualitative research, addressing the philosophical assumptions of both. Based on your review of the assigned readings, identify and describe what you believe to be meaningful about the qualitative research design and methodology.
- Define and describe the context in which qualitative research is applicable.
- Discuss the reasons for choosing a qualitative methodology.
- List some subjects in which qualitative analysis is the methodology of choice.
- 400 words
- Creswell, J. W., & Poth, C. N. (2018). Qualitative inquiry and research design: Choosing among five approaches (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Stringer, E. T. (2014). Action research (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.