The following resources can be used to find many professional journals and articles.
In the University Library, you can use the following database:
On the Internet, you can use the following resource:
- The Chronicle of Higher Education. (2012). Retrieved from https://capellauniversity.libguides.com/dbche
- Read Enders, J., de Boer, H., & Weyer, E. (2013). Regulatory autonomy and performance: The reform of higher education re-visited. Higher Education, 65(1), pages 5–23.
- Read Heck, R. H., Lam, W. S., & Thomas, S. L. (2014). State political culture, higher education spending indicators, and undergraduate graduation outcomes. Educational Policy, 28(1), pages 3–39.
(Question)-Select one of the following types of institutions as your focus for this discussion:
- Private higher education.
- For-profit higher education.
- Community college education.
To supplement this unit’s readings on college success, retention, and completion, use the information above to select a public policy issue that pertains to one or more of these topics. Your examination of this issue must be supported by at least one article from a professional journal and one article from The Chronicle of Higher Education.