Watch this three-minute video on Developing Personal Values (Links to an external site.) to help shape your focus for this assignment. Prior to beginning this assignment, identify a program which over the duration of this course will serve as a model for your final project. After reviewing your selected program’s core values, this week’s reading, and textbook Figure 2.3,
- Create a personal core values statement. This statement should serve as a framework for the potential creation of both a vision and mission statement (which are considered concise descriptions of what, who, how, and why a program serves its community). For this assignment, you will submit only your core value statement addressing the following:
- What makes an effective leader?
- Why do you want to be a program administrator?
- What essential personal characteristics or competencies do you currently possess?
- How can you cultivate the additional characteristics and competencies that will help you reach your goal?