Compose a 1- to 2-page paper that includes responses to the following questions:
- ZAPS presents your results both as a graph and as a table. Use the link to download a copy of your results and paste either the graph OR table directly at the top of your Assignment. Your Assignment will earn a 0 if you do not include this graphic – it is verification that you have completed the assignment.
- Describe the results from your ZAPS table or graph. How do your results compare with the Reference Results included in ZAPS or with your colleagues?
- What do the results of this experiment tell you about how ideas and concepts are organized in our memory? Be sure to use at least two of the terms discussed in your book in your answer (hierarchical structure, principle of inheritance, the typicality effect, spreading activation, etc.)
- We use knowledge structures all the time to group and organize information, even if we are not consciously aware that we are using them. For example, what is the first thing you think of after reading the word “food”? How would knowledge structures for the word “food” differ based on your cultural background? Be sure to use at least two of the terms discussed in your book in your answer (hierarchical structure, principle of inheritance, the typicality effect, spreading activation, etc).
- How do such structures of knowledge apply to your daily life?