PART: 1, 3-4 PAGES APA
The professional can apply new electronic technologies and knowledge of those techniques in the following ways (Shelly, Gunter, & Gunter, 2010):
- For further and deeper professional development
- To apply technologies a they aid productivity
- To integrate e-learning technologies into “instructional strategies, lessons, student-based projects, and student assessments to improve student learning—in other words, throughout the curriculum”
For this assignment, your task is to identify and describe a learning environment and create a curriculum plan for implementing e-learning in the environment that you choose. Considerations should include ways in which technology and networks may enhance productivity, including the following:
- How the curriculum can make use of e-learning in instructional strategies and lessons
- How student-initiated projects, homework, or work should integrate technology, including in-school technologies and portable devices
- A preliminary training or development plan for affected personnel
Use the curriculum planning guide below to create your plan.
Explain the need for the curriculum. This may include a statement of a learning
problem or issue that the curriculum will address. It often gives observational
data to support the need.
Describe who will provide expertise and input to the development. How will the
team be composed and managed?
What documents or written resources may be useful?
Mission or Vision Statement
What is the value-added benefit?
What will learners be able to do that they cannot do now?
Action Steps and Time Line
What needs to be done, and in what order should it be done?
How will you measure success?
PART 2: 6 PAGES APA
Technology integration into the curriculum has increased in the last several years. Educational organizations have discovered that technology can be integrated into each phase of teaching: preteaching activities, teaching activities, and post-teaching activities.
In this assignment, you will concentrate on integrating technology within a unit that is not already used for a previous assignment. You will provide details on how technologies are used within the unit’s activities while describing how various other technologies might also be used to design and evaluate the same unit.
Complete the following:
- Develop a lesson unit in APA format with the following sections:
- Include an introduction that describes the unit’s basic purpose; the student population; and any prior knowledge, concepts, and other prerequisites that students will need to participate in the unit. Describe the current availability of and use of electronic technologies, including portable devices.
- List all of the specific learning objectives or instructional objectives for the unit following audience, behavior, condition, and degree (ABCD) format and working with the cognitive and affective taxonomies and measurable verbs. Describe how technology will be used to help design the unit. These technologies would include printers, scanners, digital cameras, word processors, duplication services, videos, portable electronic devices, and Web 2.0 tools.
- Include any technology that assists in the production of activity materials or presenting the activity itself. Explain how technology is used for the design, development, or implementation of learning materials.
- Describe any hardware equipment, all software programs, and other related equipment and supplies.
- Describe the use of these technologies, in detail, in at least 4 activities within the unit. A colleague at your site should be able to follow and implement the unit successfully based on your instructions.
- Describe how technology will be used to assess and evaluate both cognitive and affective objectives in the unit. Identify how students will be assessed in both domains and how technology will aid in that assessment. Include technologies such as electronic grade books, tablets, smartphones, quizzes and tests graded by scanners, and instructional management systems (IMSs). Describe how these assessment tools will contribute to both the formative and summative evaluation of the unit.
- Describe how stakeholders will receive and participate in this evaluation.
- Describe how technology will be used to aid in disseminating evaluation results and in ongoing follow-up and collaboration with students, teachers, and other stakeholders.