- How have race and/or ethnicity affected educational opportunity?
- What does the term color-blind mean and how does this ideology impact policy and practice?
- What are some remedies to these policies?
- What is the significance and outcomes (intended or other) of Brown v. Board of Education?
- How has capitalism/competition influenced schooling?
Before attending to this week’s readings, think about the questions above. Much like you would do a K-W-L Chart with your students; determine what you KNOW about the topic and what you WANT to KNOW about the topic. Your R2R Post will indicate what you LEARNED about this week’s content. Refer to the R2R details and the success criteria outlined in the Syllabus.
- School: Parts Three & Four (pp. 120-213)
- Wells: Seeing Past the Colorblind Myth
- McIntosh: White Knapsack
Post a Reflective Response (R2R)
- Approximately 500 words in length
- Post should be substantive demonstrating knowledge of the readings
- Should address the Guiding Questions for the week