Read the following article http://www.mediate.com/articles/TurkatI1.cfm (Links to an external site.) and then answer the following questions:
1. Why are childcustody evaluations ordered with regularity when there is no scientific evidence to support them?
2. while mental-health experts are duty-bound to provide their best advice when called upon, they do not seem to be emphasizing to the judiciary that there is no scientific evidence for their custody-evaluation recommendations.
3. What does the article say about custody evaluation fees?
4. What are the reasons given as to why custody evaluations may be detrimental to children (five reasons listed in the article)?
5. How much research was found by the author on investigating the potential negative impact of child-custody evaluations on the children these examinations aim to help?