You learned about some of the person, environment, and time dimensions (i.e., biological, psychological, spiritual, and physical environment). In this assignment, you will generate a case study of an individual, highlighting his or her maladaptive behaviors, and then create a report demonstrating how you would work toward improving this individual’s healthy functioning.
- Describe in detail the individual and his or her behavior.
- Explain how this individual demonstrates maladaptive behavior. Include behavioral characteristics, problems, and symptoms.
- Discuss factors that contributed to the development of maladaptive behavior in the individual.
- Identify and apply appropriate theories of maladaptive behavior to this individual.
- Propose strategies and services for improving healthy functioning in this individual. Remember to include the specific patterns of change in the individual and in his or her environment needed to promote healthy functioning.
- By Wednesday, October 7, 2015, prepare a 5- to 6-page paper. Your response should rely upon at least two sources from professional literature. This may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov). Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.