Examine individual dynamics, relational dynamics, as well as systemic and non-systemic treatment approaches across the three phases mentioned above for one substance.
Then, create a table similar to the one below for submission. Be sure to include at least one to two entries per cell, along with a reference list of the sources you cited.
Graph example is attached!
Identify a substance for which you would like to begin aggregating treatment resources. Search the literature for empirical studies and/or existing best practice guidelines (both systemic and non-systemic) to help you complete each cell in the table. Listed below is a brief description of the information needed for each cell (plus a sample of the type of information that goes in each cell):
- Individual issues, dynamics, and behaviors associated with the use of this substance (including common co-occurring disorders). List some of the common individual behaviors and co-occurring disorders associated with the use of this substance.
- Systemic and relational dynamics associated with the use of this substance
- Promoting engagement in treatment (systemic)
- Promoting engagement in treatment (non-systemic)
- Changing family dynamics and addictive behaviors (systemic)
- Changing family dynamics and addictive behaviors (non-systemic)
- Relapse prevention (systemic)
- Relapse prevention (non-systemic)
Length: 1-2 page table
Your chart should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.