Early childhood education (birth–age eight) is at the top of the national agenda, yet many children do not have access to the educational settings that they need. For this assessment, write 3–5 pages about what constitutes a high-quality early childhood program or policy by evaluating the success of an existing initiative.
Address the following:
- Describe the characteristics of high-quality early childhood programs.
- Discuss and give examples of at least three benefits of early childhood education. Use scholarly research findings to support your position.
- Apply psychological theories to a policy or policy initiative relating to early childhood education, such as No Child Left Behind (NCLB), Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Early Intervention, Head Start, or another program of your choosing. Include details about how the program is implemented and what population it aims to serve.
- Explain how early childhood education and policy affect the physical, social, and cognitive aspects of child development. Use scholarly research findings to support your position.
You are urged to use Capella University’s Writing Center to help you develop clear and effective writing. Through the Writing Center, you will be able to receive feedback on your writing, use writing resources, discover new writing strategies, and explore different ways to draft, revise, edit, and proofread your own work.
If you wish, you may use the APA Paper Template, linked in the Resources, to complete your assessment.
- Written communication: Ensure that your writing is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Format your paper according to APA style.
- Length: Write 3–5 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Portfolio Prompt: You may choose to save this learning activity to your ePortfolio.