Use the GCU Library to research information beyond what is provided in the course materials to explore the law and its application to special education issues covered in this course. Explore state departments of education websites to investigate the laws of your state and other states as well as their application to special education issues covered in this course.
Schedule an appointment with an attorney well-versed in school law or with a special education director to learn about the following issues:
- How has the legal system evolved, as it applies to special education
- over the past 20 years, and how has that affected the legal framework for
special education today?
- How does the legal framework differ for special needs students and
regular students in private and public schools?
- Who monitors the implementation and evaluation of IEPs in private
and public schools?
- In the legal expert’s opinion, are there any elements of special
education law that need refinement? Explain.