As a clinical social worker it is important to understand group typology in order to choose the appropriate group method for a specific population or problem. Each type of group has its own approach and purpose. Two of the more frequently used types of groups are task groups and intervention groups.
For this Assignment, review the “Cortez Multimedia” case study, and identify a target behavior or issue that needs to be ameliorated, decreased, or increased. In a 2 page report, complete the following:
- Choose either a treatment group or task group as your intervention for Paula Cortez.
- Identify the model of treatment group (i.e., support, education, teams, or treatment conferences).
- Using the typologies described in the Toseland & Rivas (2017) piece, describe the characteristics of your group. For instance, if you choose a treatment group that is a support group, what would be the purpose, leadership, focus, bond, composition, and communication?
- Include the advantages and disadvantages of using this type of group as an intervention.
- Review ( Paula Cortez Case Study Link)