Write a 1,300 word paper addressing the following:
- Describe the major differences between acute pain and chronic pain, and how they would be treated differently.
- Explain the gate-control theory of pain and how this helps us understand chronic pain.
- Describe how you would measure pain.
- Describe the differences between nociception, pain, pain behavior, and suffering. Find and illustrate examples of how people can have nociception without pain, pain without pain behavior, and pain without suffering.
- Explain how psychological states such as anxiety and depression influence the development of chronic pain.
- What has been reported in the literature about sociocultural differences in pain perception?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines, including at least five scholarly references.