- Read the question below.
- After preparing your response, click the above title link to take the Chapter 6 & 12 Essay Quiz.
- Do not open the quiz until you are ready to submit your essay.
- Please save and submit your essay as a word document by browsing your computer and attaching the file in the space provided.
One of your friends has a daughter who will be entering seventh grade next year at a new middle school. Your friend has heard that in general, students’ academic motivation, self-image, and school grades all decrease as they leave elementary school and enter middle school. He wants to know why this might happen, and seeks your advice on what to expect and how to help his daughter through this transition. What do you tell him?
Please follow the directions below as you build your essay.
As you organize your thoughts, consider this:
- the impact of classroom environment on motivation
- the impact of the instructor’s view on learning upon motivation
- the impact of external rewards upon motivation
- the relationship between cognitive advances and social comparison